Round Square Marketing is celebrating 5 years of business. Here are Tyhla Larkin's (Strategist) top 5 moments in 5 years!
1. On the Couch with Aimee Morrisby - A couple of months ago, I was approached by my good friend and former colleague, Aimee Morrisby. She reached out to me to see if I would help her bring her dream of helping people to life... Of course I said yes! Her story is inspiring, raw and powerful. I cannot wait for others to hear it and witness her strength and determination for life. Aimee hopes to bring this event back year upon year, so we're not only organising a fundraising luncheon. We are building a recognisable brand that will see future years of fundraising efforts!
2. Celebrating success - Lauren and I recently attended the Master Builders Housing & Construction Awards. We were invited to sit with Performance Building Group, as I had written two submissions for them earlier in the year. The team had some pretty steep competition across both divisions, but in the end took out the prize for Individual Home ($551,000 – $650,000) with the Mayes Street residence! Great writing + great building = WINNERS!
3. Diving into an agency role - The agency environment is completely new to me, but boy I love it! To be able to work with a number of clients across varied industries is so rewarding. I had no idea what to expect when I went from in-house to an agency. I am not going to sugar coat it, it's not always glamorous work, it's long hours and timesheets are a pain in the butt! Although, in the short-time I've been at RSM, I've already been exposed to so many new opportunities and have had the chance to work on some killer campaigns. You cannot beat that!
4. It's a Bloke Thing on the GC - Over the years, I’ve volunteered at a number of IABT events. However, the Gold Coast Luncheon was the first I’ve worked as an RSM employee. One of my jobs on the day was managing the celebrity talent. This included hanging out with Daryl Braithwaite and his band in their green room. What a career highlight! Every year I am amazed by the generosity of the crowd, and of course the work that goes in behind the scenes. I am so proud to be apart of the RSM team. Bring on Toowoomba!
5. Melbourne training - In my first month at RSM, I was lucky enough to travel to Melbourne with the team to attend social media training with @thedigitalpicnic. I admire TDP’s work and loved every minute of the one-on-one workshop with Cherie. Not to mention the Melbourne shopping, food, drinks and company - that doesn’t sound like work to me!